(11) For this command which I am commanding you today is not too wonderful [extraordinary, difficult] for you, nor is it too far off. (12) It is not in the heavens that you should say, Who shall go up into the heavens for us, and bring it to us, and cause us to hear it, that we may do it? (13) And it is not beyond the sea that you should say, Who shall cross over for us to the region beyond the sea and take it for us, and cause us to hear it, that we may do it? (14) For the Word is very near to you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it. (15) Behold, I have set before you today life and good and death and evil. Deuteronomy 30:11-15 LITV
(19) I call Heaven and earth to witness against you today that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Therefore, choose life, that you may live, you and your seed, (20) to love Jehovah your God, to listen to His voice, and to cleave to Him. For He is your life, and the length of your days so that you may live in the land which Jehovah has sworn to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give it to them. Deuteronomy 30:19-20 LITV
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth on me, though he die, yet shall he live; John 11:25 ASV
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6 ASV
(32) Ye shall observe to do therefore as Jehovah your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left. Deuteronomy 5:32 ASV
All the things that I command you, take heed to do them, and you shall not add to it and not take away from it. Deuteronomy 12:32 KJ3
and shalt not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them. Deuteronomy 28:14 ASV
Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: Remove thy foot from evil. Proverbs 4:27 ASV
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished. Matthew 5:18 ASV
But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away, than for one tittle of the law to fall. Luke 16:17 ASV
"You have heard that it was said" Matthew 5:27 KJ3
"But I [Jesus] say to you" Matthew 5:28 KJ3
Do not think that I came to annul the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to annul, but to fulfill. Matthew 5:17 KJ3
Colossians 2:16 speaks of the body of Jesus as shadow of the ceremonial portion of Jesus. Think about it: Jesus did not come to abolish but to fulfill something that can be stopped after its fulfillment.
Can we stop drinking, can we stop eating food, can we stop the rituals and their multiple sabbaths, or can we stop all that Colossians 2:16 forbids? Colossians 2:16 does not give green light on the items that are mentioned but red light. We either go full speed on green or stop on red. If we go on green with Colossians 2:16, we must keep doing all that is mentioned in the verse. If stop on red with Colossians 2:16, we may not do anything of what is mentioned in the verse. But, logically, can we stop eating and drinking? No! Therefore, Colossians 2:16 does not concern our natural eating within the boundaries of what is forbidden to eat and what is not.
There is no general forbiddance in drinking in the Bible, anyway, of which the body of Jesus is a shadow. As such, Colossians 2:16 makes obsolete the food offerings and the drink offerings but not the forbiddance in the flesh food.
Also, the seventh day Sabbath was not instituted at Sinai with the other sabbaths which began in Moses. The seventh day Sabbath has been instituted from the creation and is the only day of the 7 days that belongs to Jesus. Can it be proof of intelligence to teach that Jesus lost His only day when He died on the cross? Did Jesus lose His day to us or to Satan? Do we read anywhere that Jesus says that we now have 7 days instead of 6 days to work because He somehow lost the ownership of His seventh day when He died?
"For the Son of man is lord [YHWH per Isaiah 58:13] of the sabbath." Matthew 12:8 ASV
"If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, and the holy of Jehovah [aka JESUS per Mat 12:8] honorable; and shalt honor it, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:" Isaiah 58:13 ASV
So, there is no more Mosaic religious holiday to keep because Jesus fulfills them all. Jesus has left us only with the remembrance of His last supper at Passover which He commands to be kept.
"And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and gave to them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me." Luke 22:19 ASV
Immutability of Moses is the core principle to always keep in mind to arrive at the right biblical answer to any biblical question: No 'do', no 'do not' can NEVER flip in the Bible in the generation past, present, and future unless it is something that Jesus fulfilled.
Had been also fulfilled, for purpose of clarification, anything that is tied to the Temple and the land of Israel like the feasts or if the holidays or the sabbaths. For example, the killing of the Passover lamb could only be done in Israel and nowhere else. Only the remembrance of the last supper is to be celebrated. Look it up! Only, set your heart to understand as did Prophet Daniel!
(17) Yet, it is easier to bring down the heaven and the earth than to drop one (character in a Hebrew letter) of the Torah. Luke 16:17 ACLT
(17) Think not that I am come to loose the law, or the prophets: I am not come to loosen, but to make full. (18) For amen I say unto (all you), Till whenever the heaven passes, and the earth passes, never one iota or [never] one character (even then) passes from the law, till whenever comes to pass all [plural]. Matthew 5:17-18 ACLT (Literal Translation of the Author of the website from the Concordant Greek Text).
What has been adjusted in Moses because of the sacrifice of the body of Jesus is plainly stated in the New Testament by Jesus Himself and no one else. And, obviously, all that his body was the shadow for is obsolete such as the rites, the rituals, the ceremonies, the associated new sabbaths and festivals, the drink offerings, the food offerings (Colossians 2:16).
[Because Jehovah commanded that no one can circumvent His word and because only Jesus did, we deduce that Jesus is Jehovah God in flesh.]
This website is being constructed. March 2021
For there is no difference both of Jew and of Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call on Him. Romans 10:12 MKJV.
(15) For the assembly, there shall be one statute for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you, a statute for ever throughout your generations: as ye are, so shall the sojourner be before Jehovah. (16) One law and one ordinance shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you. Numbers 15:15-16 ASV
The Bible answers any question that men have the same manner for EVERYONE, whether you agree or disagree, from Adam and Eve till the end of the world. Jesus gave to Moses His will once and for all, for all men. In Antiquity, any alien, who was willing to join the Israelites and to seek to do the will of Jesus according to the canon that Jesus entrusted to the Israelites, was welcome to do so and was even promised a better place than the Israelites. Isaiah 56:1-8.
Jesus had destroyed the first generation before the flood hoping to start fresh with a new pure breed from Noah. But, in time, mankind drifted again from Jesus. Destroying them again will not amount to any better relationship with Jesus. Jesus let them be so they can populate the earth.
Again, Jesus chose from another pool of good gene in a half-brother and his half-sister to spring forth a sample nation that He could call His own among the other nations. Their descendants failed Jesus again. When He was determined to destroy them and chose the gene pool of Moses, Moses had to intervene in their behalf, reasoning with Jesus that it was not worth it. The Good genes of Noah and of Abraham did not produce the kind of faith that burnt the hearts of those two, why would the descendants of Moses fare better? Besides, argued Moses with Jesus, the reputation of Jesus would have been stained in the other nations of the Gentiles if Jesus would have killed the Israelites after freeing them from slavery. The most heartbreaking moment for Jesus was the desire of many of the Israelites to go back to slavery after He demonstrated to them His unmatchable powers. And that sentiment was over food! They could not come to realize that the One who sent to free them can also provide them with all the basics of life.
Jesus had to resign Himself to the reality of the destructive effect of the disobedience of Adam and Eve on man whom He and His Father fashioned just like them, a god. The foot of Satan is so heavily pressed on our neck when we submitted to him that it makes it almost impossible for our blood to stream with the blood of Jesus and God the Father. Yes, we are also gods, each one of us! Black, white, yellow, brown, all kinds of skins, people!
How did Noah beget a black son who also made it to the new world inside the ark? Think about it. Nevertheless, it shows that Jesus does not care about our skin color since we are all the posterity of Noah and fashioned at His Image. Hence, God the Father sent Jehovah God to be known as Jesus among men to rescue those of us who care for their bloodline with Him so we can free our neck from the feet of Satan even if in the uprising our blood is shed and we lose our life. Jesus already shed His own blood to give us back His power.
However, Satan is very astute. He will play all his cards to take down as many of us as he can. He even disguises himself as a Messenger of light. As such, he will give you the answers but in the line of the blueprint of the garden of Eden. He knows the power of disobedience which disconnects us from Jesus. Once we are disconnected from God, he takes over us. What is the power of Satan over us? Just bring us to the brink of disobedience at whatever cost. The Israelites wanted to go back to slavery.
But we still have the power to reconnect if only we can set our heart to understanding because Jesus writes His word in the heart of each of us. His words in our heart know His voice. Jesus says that when those hearts hear His voice, they will gather unto one flock.
How do we stand firm against Satan? Be careful to be fully obedient in whatsoever. From antiquity Jesus cautioned not to go to the left or to right of the Torah. Today, as the Torah went out of Zion, He again reminds us that nothing in Moses and the Prophets may change.
What you have to do to be saved is in the Old Testament. As you study it, remember that what you are reading still holds for today and forever, unless Jesus fulfilled it. We need our reasoning skills, according to Isaiah 1:1718, 44:9-20, and, most importantly, a heart that is suitable for understanding (Matthew 13:15).
"For this people's heart is waxed gross, And their ears are dull of hearing, And their eyes they have closed; Lest haply they should perceive with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And should turn again, And I should heal them." Matthew 13:15 ASV
What is your question?
I know of some divisive ones, which I will tackle on this website.
But if ye are led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Galatians 5:18 ASV
(12) For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without the law: and as many as have sinned under the law shall be judged by the law; (13) for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified: Romans 2:12-13 ASV
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is become guilty of all. James 2:10 ASV